Did you know freeze dried strawberries have up to 82% more phytonutrients (beneficial to our health and prevent some diseases) than grocery store fresh strawberries?
Why to Eat Freeze Dried Strawberries
- High in flavonoids
- Rich in vitamin C
- Fiber – good for digestion
- Folic Acid
- High in potassium
- No additives, no preservatives, vegan, vegetarian
- 10 kg of fresh strawberries were used to make 1 kg freeze-dried strawberries
||1386 kJ / 323
We recommend storing the fruit in an airtight container like glass jar at room temperature bellow 20dgrC or in the fridge. To keep the fruit crispy, take what you need and close the jar straightaway. It will prevent the fruit from absorbing the moisture from the air. If it happens and you will leave the jar open and the fruit will become soft, use it as soon in possible on your porridge, mix with yogurt, tea, drinks, dessert decorations….
Strawberry raw cheesecake
Ingredients – Base
- 100g mixed nuts
- 75g dates
- 1/2tbsp cocoa
Ingredients – Filling
- 400g cashews soaked in water overnight or boiling water for about two hours
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup rice milk
- 3/4cup coconut oil melted
- 6g freeze dried strawberries and some for decorating
- Place the base ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you get a coarse mix.
- Press into 5 5cm in diameter and 6cm tall tins, Refrigerate
- Place all the ingredients except the coconut oil into a powerful blender and blend for a good while until the mix is creamy.
- Gradually add the coconut oil while blending.
- The mix needs to be very creamy now.
- Divide between the 5 cake moulds and freeze until set, preferably overnight.
- To serve take out and let stand for about ten minutes before pushing them out with the pusher that comes with the moulds.
- Decorate with the remaining strawberries and let defrost for about two hours in the fridge before serving.
Credit to Maryles Plantry for recipe and photo